Malabar Mountain Manor **Great For Families**Big Bear City
About this listing
A cozy and spacious cabin located in a forest with warm mountain decor. This cabin has 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths with a tub.
Cuddle up next to the wood-burning fire and watch your favorite movies on the smart TV or DVD player in the living room.
The kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your own meals.
House is located in Big Bear City and about 10 minutes from The Village (a hub of shops and restaurants) as well as Snow Summit and Bear Mountain.
There are three bedrooms, first bedroom has a king size bed, second has a queen bed, third has two twin beds with two trundle beds as well. There are two bathrooms, each with a tub/shower combo.
Other things to note
Frequently Asked Questions
• Is there a fireplace in the cabin? Yes, the cabin has a wood-burning fireplace. Firewood is not provided.
• Do you provide sheets and blankets? Yes, linens are provided for each bed in the cabin. They are professionally laundered, and beds made up for you when you arrive. The bedding is cabin-like.
• Is there a place to do laundry nearby? Yes, the cabin has a washer and dryer. We do not provide laundry soap, detergent, dryer sheets, etc.
• How many towels should we bring? We provide one bath towel for every provided sleeping spot, i.e. beds for four, four bath towels, plus hand towels. You can wash and/or dry the towels in the laundry if you should need to, or certainly bring extras if you’d like. If the linens we provide are damaged, you will be charged accordingly.
• Where should I dump my trash? Please leave your trash in the trashcans outside the cabin.
• Does the cabin have a full kitchen? Yes, the cabin comes with a full kitchen and is equipped with the following supplies: pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, flatware, and glasses! The cabin has a range & oven, microwave and refrigerator. The cabin has a normal coffee maker. This cabin does have an automatic dishwasher. We ask that you empty the refrigerator when you leave. Please bring any supplies you think that you will need: aluminum foil, plastic wrap, storage containers, coffee filters, dish liquid, etc.
• Is there parking at the cabins? The cabin has room for two vehicles. There is no parking on the street. It is against city ordinance and you may be towed. 4×4 is recommended during winter months due to steep driveway. We are not responsible if you are not able to get up the driveway.
• Do you have any games at the cabins? The cabin does not come with games, however, the cabin is in an area that is very close to the Big Bear Village (shops and restaurants), the golf course, the Big Bear Alpine Zoo, and many other sites! We are happy to recommend places as well.
• Do you have a barbecue grill? Yes, a charcoal one. Charcoal is not provided.
·Should we clean the cabin ourselves? Please leave the cabin the way you found it. We do also have the cabin professionally cleaned after every stay. The cleaning fee that is charged goes directly to the cleaners themselves.
• What do we do with dishes and soiled linens? The linens, towels, etc. may be left in the bathtub in the bathroom. Dishes, silverware, etc. need to be cleaned, dried and put back into the cabinets. There is a $25 fee for any dishes that the cleaners have to wash and put away.
• When will I get my security deposit back? Security deposit is handled through Airbnb and is just a hold they place on the card for 48 hours after check out.
• How do we get keys to the cabin? Once you have checked in with us, you will receive a code or lockbox with a key to access the house. The key will be returned to the lockbox when you leave.
• When is check-in and check-out? Check-in is 3:00 p.m. on the first night of your rental and check-out is 11:00 a.m. of the morning following your last night’s rental. A $50/hour charge will be added to any check-outs after 11 am that are not pre-approved. It may be possible to check out at 1 PM for an additional charge.
• What if I need to get hold of someone about the cabin? Message us on AirBnb or give us a call. We try to respond immediately to all Airbnb messages.
• Do I need snow tire chains to get to Big Bear? During the winter months, carrying chains on you is almost always required unless your car is a four-wheel drive. Storms may be unpredictable and therefore it helps to have them. Additionally, during the winter months, the CHP may stop you to see if you have them and ticket you if you don’t. You can check chain requirements and road conditions at Caltrans.com. 4×4 is recommended during winter months due to steep driveway. We are not responsible if you are not able to get up the driveway.
- ID: 3890
- Guests: 8
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Check-in After: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 11:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / House
- Nightly: $150
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): $250
- Security deposit: $250
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: $145 Per Stay
- Minimum number of days: 2
Custom Period Prices
|Start date||End date||Nightly||Weekends||Additional guests|
- 8 Guests
- Barbecue Area
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Cancellation Policy
- 50% up to 7 days prior to check-in
- Additional rules information
- - The maximum number of guests is 8. More than 8 guests in the home may result in asking you to leave, your deposit being forfeited, and/or an additional $100 charge for every extra guest. - The maximum number of cars allowed is 2. Cars must be parked in the driveway. Any street parking may result in being towed or fined at your own risk. - Quiet time begins at 10 PM. Please no excessive noise after this time. Any complaints made about the noise coming from the house after this time may result in a fine from the city that you will be responsible for paying and/or you may be asked to leave the cabin. - No smoking inside the home. A fee of $150 will be charged to you in order to purify the air and get rid of the smoke smell. Smoking is allowed outside away from open windows and doors. - Pets are not allowed in the home. If it is clear that a pet has been in the home during your stay, you will be issued a $250 charge. - Check out time is 11 AM. A $50/hour charge will be added to any check-outs after 11 am that is not pre-approved. It may be possible to check out at 1 PM for an additional charge. - In order to conserve energy and water, we ask that you leave any used beds unmade. This way we know which beds to change the linens on. - All dishes must be washed, dried, and put away. There is a $25.00 fee per load of dishes left dirty that the housekeepers must wash. - Please take all food items with you. - Please put all dirty towels in the bathtub - Please put trash in the trashcans outside the cabin. Any trash left outside of this area will result in a $15 fee per bag left behind. - If you enjoyed a fire during your stay please put the ashes in the ashcan provided for you. It should be on the porch. - House has three exterior only cameras to show only exterior activities and they are working cameras. - By booking the cabin, you understand that this house is in the mountains. We occasionally will have insects find their way into the house, which is beyond our control. That could include, but is not limited to, spiders, ants, moths, flies, etc. We are unable to completely prevent them from getting into the house, therefore there could occasionally be some inside. There is a ring camera that is working and monitoring front door. It is exterior facing and does not show anything inside the house. There are NO interior cameras. Thank you and enjoy your stay!
- The minimum stay is 2 nights
Hosted by Matt
- Super Host
- United States
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By:
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Baths
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Baths
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Baths
- 6 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Baths
- 4 Guests