Owl’s Oak Retreat w/hot tub! Close to Village!Big Bear Lake, California, United States
About this listing
Location Location Location… Check out our beautiful mountain house in Big Bear Lake Great with a central location close to shops, restaurants, and the lake! The cabin is located a short 1.5 miles from Snow Summit Ski Resort, short .9 miles to Big Bear village, and .8 miles to the lake.
House has been recently updated. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms, a gas fireplace, high-speed internet, a BBQ grill with a large outdoor deck and hot tub!
There is off-street free parking for two cars.
Other things to note
Frequently Asked Questions
• Is there a fireplace in the cabin? Yes, the cabin has a gas fireplace.
• Do you provide sheets and blankets? Yes, linens are provided for each bed in the cabin. They are professionally laundered, and beds made up for you when you arrive.
• Is there laundry? Yes, there is a washer and dryer for guest use. We do not provide detergent or dryer sheets so please bring if you plan to use.
• How many towels should we bring? We provide one bath towel for every provided sleeping spot, i.e. beds for four, four bath towels, plus hand towels. You can wash and/or dry the towels in the laundry if you should need to, or certainly bring extras if you’d like. If the linens we provide are damaged, you will be charged accordingly.
• Where should I dump my trash? The City of Big Bear Lake requires renters to remove trash when they leave. Trash can be taken to Big Bear Disposal at 41974 Garstin Rd. It is a free dumping site. If trash is left at the cabin, there will be a $15 fee per bag that we have to remove ourselves.
• Does the cabin have a full kitchen? Yes, the cabin comes with a full kitchen and is equipped with the following supplies: pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, flatware, and glasses! The cabin has a range & oven, microwave, and refrigerator. The cabin has a Keurig coffee maker. This cabin does not have an automatic dishwasher. We ask that you empty the refrigerator when you leave. Please bring any supplies you think that you will need: aluminum foil, plastic wrap, storage containers, coffee filters, dish liquid, etc.
• Is there parking at the cabins? The cabin has room for two vehicles. There is no parking on the street. It is against city ordinance and you may be towed.
• Do you have any games at the cabins? The cabin does come with games in the TV stand. The cabin is also in an area that is very close to the Big Bear Village (shops and restaurants), the golf course, the Big Bear Alpine Zoo, and many other sites! We are happy to recommend places as well.
• Do you have a barbeque grill? Yes, a charcoal one. Charcoal is not provided.
·Should we clean the cabin ourselves? Please leave as you found it. We do have professionally cleaning after every stay. The cleaning fee that is charged goes directly to the cleaners themselves.
• What do we do with dishes and soiled linens? The linens, towels, etc. may be left in the bathtub in the bathroom. Dishes, silverware, etc. need to be cleaned, dried and put back into the cabinets. There is a $25 fee for any dishes that the cleaners have to wash and put away.
• When will I get my security deposit back? Security deposit is handled through Airbnb and is just a hold they place on the card for 48 hours after check out.
• How do we get keys to the cabin? Once you have checked in with us, you will receive a code or lockbox with a key to access the house. The key will be returned to the lockbox when you leave.
• When is check-in and check-out? Check-in is 3:00 p.m. on the first night of your rental and check-out is 11:00 a.m. of the morning following your last night’s rental. A $50/hour charge will be added to any check-outs after 11 am that is not pre-approved. It may be possible to check out at 1 PM for an additional charge.
• What if I need to get hold of someone about the cabin? Message us on Airbnb or give us a call. We try to respond immediately to all Airbnb messages.
• Do I need snow tire chains to get to Big Bear? During the winter months, carrying chains on you is almost always required unless your car is a four-wheel drive. Storms may be unpredictable and therefore it helps to have them. Additionally, during the winter months, the CHP may stop you to see if you have them and ticket you if you don’t. You can check chain requirements and road conditions at Caltrans.com.
- ID: 5875
- Guests: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Rooms: 3
- Type: Entire Place / House
- Nightly: $199
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): $350
- Allow additional guests: No
- Air Conditioning
- Hot tub
- TV Cable
- Free Parking
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
Hosted by Matt
- Super Host
- United States
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Baths
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Baths
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Baths
- 4 Guests