Silver Fox Cottage w/hot tub! close to skiing!Big Bear Lake, California, United States
About this listing
Our cottage is great for the family getaway weekend, away from the noise of the city, the stresses of your daily environment, up in the fresh air mountains of Big Bear Lake. This charming cottage is the perfect place to cuddle up next to the fire and watch your favorite movies with your favorite family and friends or gourmet cooking with friends. During the day you can enjoy, nearby hikes, a day on the lake, the new zoo or snow skiing. Your just minutes away from the Bear Mountain ski shuttle.
This quaint two-bedroom, one bath cottage with approximately 876 sqft of comfortable living space, has been completely remodeled and upgraded throughout. New kitchen with mahogany cabinets, granite countertops, new appliances, stackable washer/dryer closet. Complete bathroom remodels with custom shower and new fixtures.
The first bedroom has a queen bed and the second bedroom has a queen bed and twin on top. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo.
Other things to note
Frequently Asked Questions
• Is there a fireplace in the cabin? Yes, the cabin has a wood-burning fireplace. Firewood is not provided.
• Do you provide sheets and blankets? Yes, linens are provided for each bed in the cabin. They are professionally laundered, and beds made up for you when you arrive. The bedding is cabin-like.
• Is there a place to do laundry nearby? Yes, there is a laundry mat about 2 miles away in the Vons shopping center.
• How many towels should we bring? We provide one bath towel for every provided sleeping spot, i.e. beds for four, four bath towels, plus hand towels. You can wash and/or dry the towels in the laundry if you should need to, or certainly bring extras if you’d like. If the linens we provide are damaged, you will be charged accordingly.
• Where should I dump my trash? Please take your trash with you when you leave and take the trash site listed in the check-in instructions per city code.
• Does the cabin have a full kitchen? Yes, the cabin comes with a full kitchen and is equipped with the following supplies: pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, flatware, and glasses! The cabin has a range & oven, microwave, blender hand mixer, and refrigerator. The cabin has a normal coffee maker. This cabin does have an automatic dishwasher. We ask that you empty the refrigerator when you leave. Please bring any supplies you think that you will need: aluminum foil, plastic wrap, storage containers, coffee filters, dish liquid, etc.
• Is there parking at the cabins? The cabin has room for two vehicles. There is no parking on the street. It is against city ordinance and you may be towed.
• Do you have any games at the cabins? The cabin does have some games and puzzles. The cabin is also in an area that is very close to the Big Bear Village (shops and restaurants), the golf course, the Big Bear Alpine Zoo, and many other sites! We are happy to recommend places as well.
• Do you have a barbeque grill? This cabin does have a barbeque grill.
·Should we clean the cabin ourselves? The cabin is professionally cleaned after every stay. The cleaning fee that is charged goes directly to the cleaners themselves.
• What do we do with dishes and soiled linens? The linens, towels, etc. may be left in the bathtub in the bathroom. Dishes, silverware, etc. need to be cleaned, dried and put back into the cabinets. There is a $25 fee for any dishes that the cleaners have to wash and put away.
• When will I get my security deposit back? Security deposit is handled through Airbnb and is just a hold they place on the card for 48 hours after check out.
• How do we get keys to the cabin? Once you have checked in with us, you will receive a code or lockbox with a key to access the house. The key will be returned to the lockbox when you leave.
• When is check-in and check-out? Check-in is 3:00 p.m. on the first night of your rental and check-out is 11:00 a.m. of the morning following your last night’s rental. A $50/hour charge will be added to any check-outs after 11 am that is not pre-approved. It may be possible to check out at 1 PM for an additional charge.
• What if I need to get hold of someone about the cabin? Message us on Airbnb. We try to respond immediately to all Airbnb messages.
• Do I need snow tire chains to get to Big Bear? During the winter months, carrying chains on you is almost always required unless your car is a four-wheel drive. Storms may be unpredictable and therefore it helps to have them. Additionally, during the winter months, the CHP may stop you to see if you have them and ticket you if you don’t. You can check chain requirements and road conditions at Caltrans.com.
Silver Fox Cottage
- ID: 5925
- Guests: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Rooms: 2
- Type: Entire Place / House
- Nightly: $179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): $285
- Allow additional guests: No
Custom Period Prices
|Start date||End date||Nightly||Weekends||Additional guests|
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Area
- TV Cable
- Free Parking
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
Hosted by Matt
- Super Host
- United States
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By:
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Baths
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Baths
- 4 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Baths
- 6 Guests